BREAKING NEWS

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Look Again by Lisa Scottoline

Look Again by Lisa Scottoline
St. Martin's Press
ISBN: 978-0312380724
April 14, 2009
Hardcover, 337 pages

When reporter Ellen Gleeson sees a flyer asking if anyone has seen the kidnapped child pictured on it, she is taken aback that the boy looks exactly like her adopted son, Will. She starts investigating and discovers a difficult truth, even though her adoption was lawful. The whole dilemma of What if Will rightfully belongs to someone else, would she have to give him up? hangs like a dark cloud throughout the whole novel.

I had mixed feelings about this book. I liked it because the premise of the story is a really good one, which I was drawn to, especially since I'm a mother of young children. The moral dilemma would make for a gut-wrenching story, and it did to a certain extent, but the story line was unbelievable with things falling into place a little too easily. I didn't find this to be the heart-pounding thriller the synopsis promised. There was one scene that brought tears to my eyes, but the story was very predictable, and as a reader I quickly knew it would all work out.

The ending was too good to be true and the romance too shallow for my taste. But this was a very quick read with super short chapters, and I did enjoy it, although the plot was lacking. If you're looking for a suspense novel that won't keep you up at night and that reads fast and simple, this one might do.

Note: This book is rated V = violence for a scene at the end with killing and hurtful action toward a child.
I will count this book toward the following challenges: Mystery and Suspense Reading Challenge

Reviewed by Laura

Disclosure: I borrowed this book from the library and was not told how to rate or review this product.

Share this:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes