BREAKING NEWS

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Widow's Redeemer by Philippa Jane Keyworth

The Widow's Redeemer by Philippa Jane Keyworth
Madison Street Publishing
ISBN: 978-0983671930
Published Dec 1, 2012
Trade paperback, 302 pages

I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this novel, and I was pleasantly surprised when it was so captivating and I loved it! This was a well-written Regency romance that fans of Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer are sure to enjoy.

Letty Burton becomes a widow left with her husband's debts resulting in her loss of home and assets. She becomes the companion of her mother-in-law in London and is introduced to London Society, catching the eye of an arrogant bachelor. She is not impressed with him and wishes to keep her past a secret trying to remain invisible to the ton with her quiet but firm demeanour. But instead she becomes the talk of town because of certain events and family circumstances.

This is a character-driven novel loosely based on the Biblical story of Ruth and Naomi but I wouldn't consider it Christian fiction. It is very much a Regency novel with great characters and dilemmas. I really liked Letty, who was loyal, kind, smart, level-headed, and classy and graceful despite her lower class upbringing. The best part of this book though is the witty word-sparring and the Regency setting of propriety and London Society. The characters are well-developed and have distinctive traits. I could easily see this as a movie.

This was a good squeaky-clean story with a plot that flowed smoothly and kept me turning the pages to see how it would all work out for Letty. I can't wait to see what else Philippa Jane Keyworth comes up with next!

Note: This book is rated C = clean read.

Reviewed by Laura

Disclosure: Thanks to Rosanne Spears from Madison Street Publishing for sending me this book for review. I was not compensated in any other way, nor told how to rate or review this product.

Share this:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes