BREAKING NEWS

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How do You Choose Your Audiobooks? Audiobook Week 2013

audiobookweekbutton zpsdb6e126c picture

This week is Audiobook Week from June 17 to 21, hosted by Devourer of Books. Today's discussion is based on these questions:

How do you decide what you’ll listen to? Do you mostly listen, or split time between listening and reading? Particularly if you split time, how do you decide what you’ll consume in audio and what in print?

I choose audiobooks almost the same way I choose print books: by reading the synopsis. Now that I'm getting more familiar with the work of some narrators, that influences my decision too. If I loved an audiobook by a certain narrator I sometimes look for other books they've narrated. I'm an eclectic reader and this is true of my choice in audiobooks.  I listen to both fiction and non-fiction, as well as children, middle-grade and YA audiobooks.

And of course, I read reviews and they influence my choices too! I never split time between listening and reading or I feel I am missing out. I will either simultaneously listen and read, which I did once and I liked the experience, or I will either listen or read the book.

What about you?

Share this:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes