BREAKING NEWS

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Extra Extra, Read All About It!

Every once in a while, I will gather noteworthy news for book bloggers and post it here in the form of a feature called Extra Extra Read All About It! Check what I came across:

Shadow Mountain Publishing



Shadow Mountain has come up with a new line for their romance novels called A Proper Romance. According to their website:

This new brand of “proper” romance allows readers to enjoy romance at its very best—and at its cleanest—portraying everything they love about a passionate, romantic novel, without busting corsets or bed scenes.

Since this past Spring, they have released three novels in this line. The first is Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson, which received a starred review from Publisher's Weekly, and which I am itching to read ever since I finished Blackmoore from this same author. What a fantastic book! My review will be posted later this month. Good news is, for the month of September, Edenbrooke (ebook) is on sale at $1.99 on Amazon! (On Amazon.ca it's $2.08)



I know that erotica has become very popular lately but not all readers like that genre, myself included. I think author Julianne Donaldson summarizes best why my readers and I like proper romances. In an interview with Joyce Lamb, writer of the USA Today blog Happy Ever After, Donaldson said,

“I think the pendulum has swung as far as it can in the erotica direction. What was once exciting for readers is getting a little old, and a lot of readers are ready for something different. In the case of Edenbrooke, it’s the romance of restraint, and the passion of unfulfilled longing, and the refinement of elegant days gone by.”

She couldn't have said it better! That's what I love about a good romance. She goes on to say:

 “I am not saying that every romance should be like mine, but I am saying that there should be room for a variety, and before now, that was very difficult to find outside of the inspirational category. The fact that Jane Austen continues to be a favorite among both readers and movie-goers gives me hope that readers will embrace this new brand of proper romance.” 

Look for my review of Blackmoore on September 30th. This month the ebook is on sale at $7.99 on Amazon. (On Amazon.ca it's $8.36)


The third Proper Romance novel published by Shadow Mountain is Longing For Home by Sarah M. Eden. You can read my review of it here. Noteworthy is that these novels are not Christian fiction, so if you want a clean read without a Christian theme, these may appeal to you.

Free Kindle Book:

Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren is free on Kindle today!



I read this YA time travel a while back and loved it. You can read my review here.

On sale:

The Unveiling (Age of Faith series Book One) by Tamarah Leigh is on sale now at $0.99 on Amazon! (It's at $1.04 on Amazon.ca)


I read this one too and loved it. You can read my review of it here.

That's all the news I have for now!


Share this:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes