BREAKING NEWS

Friday, November 29, 2013

I, Spy by Jordan McCollum

I, Spy by Jordan McCollum
Durham Crest Books
ISBN: 978-1940096001
Published April 27, 2013
Trade paperback, 312 pages

This was a fun spy novel. Told in CIA operative Talia Reynold’s first person point of view, we get to experience her adventure as she balances her relationship with boyfriend Danny with her Top Secret occupation. Danny is an aerospace engineer and things get mixed up and messed up when she is on a secret mission targeting Fyodor Timofeyev, a Russian aerospace executive and possible spy. How can she possibly tell her boyfriend what she does for a living?

Talia proved to be an interesting character because she lets the reader in on a few CIA secrets and debunks certain spy myths too, and one can’t help smile at her funny rendition of situations in which she’s found herself. The fact that she’s a gun-toting tough Mormon girl who cannot drink alcohol but lies through her teeth (and more) to get her job done had me rolling my eyeballs. One cannot pin her as a devout Christian when she is clearly doing things the Bible condemns.

Apart from this, I have to say I liked the setting because Ottawa is less than two hours from Montreal where I live and I enjoyed all the mentions of Canadian places and stuff. This was a light and fun book to read. If you like light and humorous mysteries with a quirky spy girl taking the lead, this one’s for you.

Note: This book is rated C = clean read. I will count this book toward my Reading the World Challenge

Reviewed by Laura 

Disclosure: Thanks to the author for sending me this book for review. I was not compensated in any other way, nor told how to rate or review this product.

Share this:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes